Drakondale was founded in 2017 by John Tungay and Wendy Clarke and offers Academic excellence alongside a unique experience for learners of the Arts.
In 2021 our first group of Grade 12 learners graduated with a 100% pass rate. We provide focused learning through the CAPS Curriculum and in the arts field, specializing in MUSIC, DRAMA, DANCE AND VISUAL ARTS, a game changing option in our area.
We encourage our learners to develop holistically in and through the Arts, whilst achieving their highest standards of Academic success, thus preparing them for life.
Our Principal, Mr. Botes Gresse was appointed in August 2018 and has grown the school from strength to strength.
Our premises are set in the most beautiful and tranquil surrounds in the agricultural area of Merrivale, Howick – falling within the KZN Midlands.
DRAKONDALE offers a curriculum of academic excellence that is fully integrated with a stimulating arts programme (Music Studies; Visual Arts; Dance Studies; Dramatic Arts). We offer a unique learning experience focusing on the needs of the individual learner as they thrive in a community with a strong sense of belonging.
- Co-ed (Grades 8-12)
- Extra-mural arts programme
- Home scholars welcome for individual subjects
- Small classes for individual attention
- Boarding facilities
Drakondale School of the Arts is a High School for Boys and Girls from grade 8-12
Get in touch to make an application today.
School of the Arts
- Allow learners to realize their full potential academically and artistically
- Utilize the power of the performing and visual arts for holistic development,
- Develop inspirational leaders
- Gain the reputation as a progressive organization embracing change through adaptability and forward thinking
- Provide a quality education based on fundamental Christian values whilst respecting other interfaith beliefs.
To become an internationally renowned school of the arts and a leading institution where every learner is holistically developed in and through the arts whilst attaining standards of academic excellence in order to prepare them for life.